It has been awhile, I know. I find myself struggling with whether to shut this old girl (blog) down or keep her up and running. As it has always been, though, I come up with my best post ideas...and trust me, I wouldn't be shutting down for lack of ideas...while I'm blowdrying my hair. Weird, I know.
Here's what I'm loving so far in 2016:
This book. It has been some time since I read a book that I couldn't put down. This did that for me. Finished it in about 6 days, which, when you also watch a LOT of tv (hey, those Real Housewives aren't gonna watch themselves, you know) is saying something. (PS - follow me on Goodreads!)
2. The Amelia Flat shoes from J.Crew Factory. They run big, so order 1/2 size down. J.Crew Factory is ALWAYS running a sale with a coupon code and free shipping. (I have both these cute pairs!)
3. This blog post helped me take the plunge to update my makeup bag. I'm one of those people who steps into Sephora and FREEZES. I don't know where to look, what to buy, or how to use half the shit in there! Basically, I need someone to just TELL me what to do. I now swear by the NARS tinted moisturizer, the Too Faced mascara, and the Shu Uemara eyelash curler, all from that blog post.
this to me. SOLD. Where have you been all my life, Eyeko? I feel like such a big girl now...only took me about 43 years.
5. My Mom happened to leave this at my house after a visit and I've stolen it. It's perfect for my dry skin in this New England winter.
6. My Middle has watched the entire series. My Eldest is currently halfway through bingeing on it. They have been BEGGING me to watch. I finally succumbed. (That is, after Making a Murderer). I'm still on Season 1, but am definitely already sucked in to the trials and tribulations of Coach Taylor, Tim Riggins, Lyla Garrity and Matt Saracen.
7. Kitchen/house renovation is in full swing! Currently, we are kitchenless. And diningroomless. And livingroomless. But it's temporary. And I have been waiting almost FIFTEEN YEARS for a new kitchen. I'm currently LOVING the new hardwood floors we chose:
Next up: New kitchen cabinet installation!
8. Needless to say, there hasn't been much cooking going on. But if there were? I would still be making this recipe (crockpot balsamic chicken) once a week in the crockpot. It was a recently new discovery that was a huDge hit with my fam.
9. Totally teeny-bopperish of me, but I love the "My Story" feature on Snapchat. I'm hooked on following other people (including my children) and seeing what they post on their story. Follow me on Snapchat? My user name is sarahviz.
10. I couldn't just quit at #9. So #10 will be a confession. My current favorite song:
C'mon, fess up. You know you like it too...
Until next time!