It honestly seems like all we did in Napa was eat and drink. Needless to say, I have LOTS of restaurant recommendations for you! I'll narrow the food choices down to the ones that stood out for me.
1. Auberge du Soleil: Based on a recommendation at one of the wineries, we stopped at this restaurant for lunch (without a reservation, but it was around 2pm) and had food and drinks on the terrace. It was AH-MAY-ZING. Especially the view. We ate in the bar & bistro part of the restaurant, which was less pricier and less fancy than the restaurant part. *imagine gorgeous food picture here since
2. Market: This was another lunchtime stop. We dined there on a Saturday with a party of 10 and had made a reservation, so we got right in. This restaurant is in downtown St. Helena, which is a super cute area with shops and restaurants and a laid-back California vibe. I had their "famous" mac&cheese (diet? what diet?) and it was spectacular. *imagine gorgeous food picture here since
3. Cole's Chop House: This was one of those late night dinners with clients that was good, but regretful. Good because the meal was superb, but regretful because an 8pm reservation on West Coast time means my body thinks its 11pm and I'm eating a huDge meal. Ack. This was a typical fancy steakhouse sort of place, equivalent to a Fleming's or a Morton's or a Ruth's Chris. You can't go wrong. And their strawberry lemondrop martini with a sugar rim was delish (but heartburn-y later). *imagine gorgeous food picture here since
4. Pacific Blues: Located in downtown Yountville in the V Marketplace area, this restaurant was one we actually visited twice - once for lunch and once for drinks. The menu was California basic fare, but the atmosphere and outdoor patio was great for people-watching and that whole area is bustling. *imagine gorgeous food picture here since
5. Jefferson Cafe: Based on a tip from the hotel staff, we went to this local diner (in a strip mall) (behind a car wash) for breakfast almost every.single.day. It was THAT good. Their mammoth breakfast burrito was a sight to see, and everything else we tried was also very very good. Highly recommend this place off the beaten path. *And, you guessed it, imagine gorgeous food picture here since