It used to be running. Setting a goal, doing a training plan, and running a race.
I still *like* running (as much as one can like something that makes you feel like ass when you're doing it), don't get me wrong. But it's not my "thing" these days.
So lately, I'm totally into crossfit workouts.
1. There are a lot of acronyms in crossfit. Like AMRAP (as many reps as possible) (and yes, as many reps as possible sounds as bad as it actually is).
2. I had never done a dead lift before. Ever. And now they're my favorite.
3. That I feel so much better during the day if I've worked out in the morning. (Having the alarm beep at 4:55am still sucks though no matter what.)
4. My upper body strength is lacking. Pullups are my weakness.
5. The training environment is super supportive. You (and when I say you, I mean me) are never made to look foolish or weak.
6. I now know what the phrase "hurts so good" really means.
7. Just when I think I can't possibly do another rep or lift, somehow I do.
8. Sweat stings when it drips in your eyes.
9. I pretty much live in exercise gear when I'm not at work.
10. I am actually much stronger than I think I am. And I'm getting stronger with every workout.
I will never, ever like burpees though. Ever.