But I am not someone who can just exercise for the goddamn fun of it. I need a goal.
What follows is how I got my ass in gear on this Monday morning:
1. As soon as I awoke, I signed up for my town's annual 5-mile run on Thanksgiving Day. *gulp*
(My mom, Sis and I ran it in 2007.)
2. I got dressed in exercise gear.
3. I laid out my iPod.
4. I trudged down to the basement and found my winter hat and Nike running gloves.
5. After dropping Baby off at preschool, I walked in the door, grabbed my stuff,
6. I started my stopwatch.
7. And I ran...for 45 minutes, without looking at my watch, and without stopping!
So, the goal is to run every day this week. I'm also doing the 200 situps challenge.
I've grudgingly come to realize that running is "my thing". It works for me. I've tried walking, Shredding, biking, etc. I eventually quit and go back to doing NOTHING.
But when I'm running regularly, everything else just seems to fall into place. My eating habits become healthier (Because who wants to burp up Doritos/bacon/Mexican food on a run? And yes, I'm speaking from experience.); I have more energy; I feel better about myself and my body.
Also, I KNOW I am lazy and need some sort of goal/motivation. It's not enough for me to simply go out and run 3 miles a day, everyday. I WISH I could be satisfied with that. But I need the challenge of a goal. I need something to
Ack. I don't know.