1. Arrived home to the Trenches from work. (Tonight is one of my late nights, but I drove instead of taking the train, so I got home at 7 instead of 7:30.)
2. Relieved Danny-911 of his Manny duties. (He was covering last minute because Hubby had an impromptu work dinner.)
3. Put down purse and kicked off heels.
4. Hugged Middle and Baby, who had just come down from baths.
5. Inquired whether Eldest's homework was done.
6. Checked said homework. Pointed out one wrong answer for Eldest to correct. Trust me, son, I'm pretty sure that 7 + 4 does not = 12. No matter how much you try to argue with me.
7. Sorted through school papers, making appropriate oohs and aahs over coloring and letter-writing prowess.
8. Sorted mail. Handed off a toy catalog to Baby.
9. Picked up various toys and shoes and threw toys in playroom, shoes on stairs.
10. Got Middle a brownie and Baby a freeze-pop for dessert.
11. Wiped off excess spaghetti draped on sunroom table. Made a note to self that that was what Uncle Dan cooked for dinner, apparently.
12. Contemplated eating. Promptly forgot.
13. Wiped up fresh trail of brownie crumbs.
14. Put dry pots and pans away.
15. Rinsed dirty dishes and started dishwasher.
16. Went upstairs and changed into pajamas.
17. Closed bedroom shades in boyz' rooms.
18. Hung up 3 wet towels.
19. Went back downstairs to melodious sounds of 3 boyz fighting over toy catalog. Refereed.
20. Went in sunroom to watch TV with the boyz.
21. Refereed Eldest's and Middle's bickering over what to watch.
22. Threatened Middle with bed if the whining didn't stop.
23. Followed through, and
24. Cleaned up pee off the bathroom wall and floor.
25. Went back downstairs.
26. Sarcasticly wondered if Hubby was enjoying his nice steak dinner. (Yes, even my thoughts are tinged with sarcasm.) (It's a gift.)
27. Browsed the new J. Crew magazine and stared at overpriced clothing on waiflike models while Eldest and Baby watched
28. Vowed to keep Shredding. Damn J. Crew models.
29. Escorted remaining 2 tired boyz upstairs. (Middle was already asleep.)
30. Read a chapter in Eldest's book with him, taking turns reading pages aloud while Baby tried on Eldest's Bruins jersey.
31. Gave kisses to Eldest and turned lights out.
32. Tucked Baby in bed with kisses.
33. Went back downstairs at 8pm.
34. Blogged this.