(a happier girl recommended that I try recuva. When I told Hubby last night about this and eagerly asked him if I should perhaps give it a shot, he told me to
So, in trying to not dwell on the possibility that I may have accidentally deleted 2 years of my family life in photos and videos (*sob* *deep cleansing breath*), please allow me to distract myself with some Happy:
1. Eldest scored his very first touchdown on Sunday! It was the last play of the game, and the score was tied. (Not that anyone's keeping score, that is. *ahem*) Here's some photos of the game winner: (Not taken by me because all my photos are gone, remember? *sob* *deep cleansing breath*)
2. I'm very much looking forward to meeting this lovely New England Mama at a bloggy gathering tonight! And hopefully catching up with her as well. Photos (*sob* *deep cleansing breath*) to come.
3. It's almost time for Girls Weekend 2008! This was last year's event. We're doing it up big this year (like we did in '06. Hey, remember those tee shirts shops on the boardwalk in the 80's? Every year when we took our family vacay to Ocean City, MD, my parents would take us to one of those souvenir shops where you could pick out your very own decal from high above on the wall and they would IRON IT ON RIGHT THERE FOR YOU. Ocean City '85, man!). So anyway, there are 6 of us flying to Myrtle Beach for a long weekend of laughs, sun, shopping and liquid refreshments...devoid of whining, chicken nuggets and housework. 17 more days...
4. And THEN, in November, I'm flying with Hubby to his annual conference. I go every other year and have had immensely good luck with the conference locales. The years I didn't go? Nashville and Jacksonville. Bleh. The years I have attended? San Diego and Key Largo. And then this year? Palm Springs, baby!
5. Lastly, Dancing With the Stars makes me happy. I sat, ass glued firmly in place, on the couch for 2 hours (well, not really - the wonder of DVR, folks) watching the spectacle that is fake tanner and cheesy rehearsed dialog. I'm predicting right now that Brooke Burns (4 kids?! I heard this morning that she used to be married to a plastic surgeon...it all makes sense now...) and Lance Bass will be the final two. Hands down.
And is it just me, or did Cheryl Burke look a bit....ummm....puffy last night? Don'tgetmewrong, I would kill for her body, her always slightly tousled fabulous hair, her mad dancing skillz. She just looked a bit heavier and thicker at the start of this season's TIME-SUCKING 3 night premiere.
So there's all that. Keeping me going until mah preshus photoz r saved.