In honor of today (don't you love the way that kids call it "Valentimes"?), here's a list of things I'm lovin':
1. My Hubby and the hand-painted "Princess" wine glass he gave me this morning. (All you Sarahs out there, you do know that Sarah means princess, right? One MUST act accordingly! Ha.)
2. My boyz and the googly-eyed sparkly cards they presented to me (as I tried not to cringe at the freaking gold sparkles falling everywhere.)
3. My babysitter/nanny and the fact that she cleaned our garage (!), does laundry, has the boyz make homemade Valentines for Mommy, and most of all, loves and cares for my children as if they were her own. I'm so lucky.
4. Big Brother. Can Amanda possibly show off her ass cheeks any more? (Granted, she does have a great butt.)
5. The Australian dude-Michael Johns-on American Idol. I'm making the bold statement right now: He's my pick to win it. (Hubby is quite proud of the fact that when we watched her very first audition during Season 4, he correctly proclaimed Carrie Underwood would win.)
6. This song. You are SO singing it in your head right now, aren't you?
7. The novel Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. Can NOT put it down.
And because it's me...here are some things I'm NOT lovin' today:
1. Pottery Barn. Still no luck. I'm becoming eBay obsessed.
2. My haircut. (I know, I know, you're thinking "Is she NEVER satisfied?") It's just that I feel like I look like Ramona Quimby.
3. The MBTA. Starting next Tuesday, my morning train leaves 10 minutes earlier. At 7:09 a.m. Shoot me now.
4. The weather. Spring, where art thou? (Spring's response: You live in New England, you fool. You'll see me in May. Maybe.)
"It is necessary for the heart of the one who speaks to rest itself on the heart of the friend who listens." Countess Du Barry
Happy Valentimes Day, Friends!