The always witty (and fellow New Englander) Kate at One More Thing tagged me for this "rules" meme. I'm supposed to list MY RULES. So you're gonna get a smorgasbord of rules that apply in the Trenches and in my life:
1. Expect sarcasm. Dry, quick and biting. It's how I roll.
2. Don't complain about your job. Being miserable at work spills over into every other aspect of one's life. This I know from past experience. Find a new job.
3. Keep your hands to home.
4. Condescension from you will trigger bitchiness from me.
5. Shoes and baseball hats go in your cubby!
6. A prayer is spoken before a family dinner at the dining room table in the Trenches. Everyone is expected to fold their hands and close their eyes.
7. Hands are for helping, not for hurting.
8. Ring up my purchases as quickly and efficiently as possible, please. I'm usually in a hurry and have no patience for stupidity.
9. Upon meeting me, the first thing I will notice is your choice of footwear. Get a pedicure or simply throw some polish on if you have gnarly toes.
10. Always kiss your mother.
There's definitely lots more. But I have a half-marathon to run on Sunday and need to focus! (If I keep visualizing myself crossing the finish line, that means it WILL happen, right??)