As you may already know, I recently started running. And not just towards the Chinese buffet.
Therefore, I am going to offer some words of
1. When the alarm blares at the ass-crack-of-dawn o'clock, hitting the snooze button 14 times actually doesn't burn that many calories.
2. Sleeping in your workout clothes and sports bra, although constricting, saves at least 5 minutes at quarter-past the ass-crack-of-dawn. Hell, I would sleep in my Rykas (have you entered their promotion yet? 50 pairs of free shoes and shirts!) if it were socially acceptable.
3. Keep appropriate kick-ass songs on your iPod to keep you pumped. Frank Sinatra singing "Summer Wind" will NOT keep those legs moving.
4. Running while pushing a double jog stroller containing 40+ pounds of dead weight toddlers makes for much
5. Going on a 7-mile run and then stopping at McD's for a Big Mac is not, I repeat, NOT conducive to becoming fit. It is, however, a little bit of greasy, salty, artery-clogging, heaven.
6. And when you're feeling a fleeting moment of pride for all your training, whatever you do, DON'T DO THIS.
So what's your secret to staying active?
How do you "FIT" it in? (get it?)
The Parent Bloggers Network wants to know!