So when someone IRL says to me something along the lines of, "Hey, I love your blog. You're a great writer. You should be a writer. You are so funny and real. I love what you write. You crack me up." (I mean, they don't say that ALL that all at once, that would be pretty weird), I usually get embarrassed and modest and feel sort of "fake" in a way, because, my gosh, have you seen the SHEER NUMBER of mommy blogs out there? And there are sooooooo many who are WAY better than me. So I feel like a fraud. Like, jeez, you certainly wouldn't be reading my piddly lil ole blog if you knew what else was out there, you silly fool, you...like
My Blogroll Buddies. Holy crap, my blogroll has been growing (*sigh* if only my boobs would do the same, and my butt would stop, I'd be all set. But I digress...) and I read each of the blogs I have linked on my website, practically every day. Ok, definitely every day. I may be a little bit obsessed. Those are some great writers, people. READ THE GALS ON MY BLOGROLL. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Along with those listed on my blogroll, these are the writers whom I can't even begin to compare with (I've linked to a particular post of each of theirs to give you an idea of just
1. Chicky Chicky Baby. A fellow New Englander. Practically a neighbor, in fact! I first started reading her awhile ago, and she even so kindly interviewed me back in March. She and I are in a similar situation with non-speaking (intelligibly, that is) toddlers. And she cracks me up. And I'm going to meet her in real life. Yay!
2. Dooce. She's the queen. End of story. And she cracks me up.
3. Amalah. When she writes, it's just like you'd imagine hearing her talk, you know? And the zoo story? She cracks me up.
4. Rockstar Mommy. Can I just tell you that all her posts are like this? Frenetic, crazy...and guess what??? She cracks me up.
5. i am bossy. I just discovered her. She refers to herself in the third person. And she cracks me up.
6. Motherhood Uncensored. She's another queen of the blogwaves. And this Mominatrix post of hers at the Imperfect Parent will...you guessed it...crack you up!
7. Amanda writes at both Tumble Dry and The Wink. I can't single out any of her posts because almost all of them get me choked up. She's that good of a writer. With her knack for spinning beautiful stories about the everyday happenings of life with 2 beautiful little girls, I feel like I know her IRL, even though we've never met.
8. Slouching Towards 40. I love how she describes her life with her sons. I feel like by reading her, I can see into my future with my 3 boyz. She also gets me choked up and helps me to remember that they will only be young once.
There. Now the truth is out. I'm soooooooo not there yet in my writing abilities. One can only hope...and soldier on....